Marif Uğurlu Law Firm offers legal services in all property segments as well as energy and public infrastructure projects from inception through to the due diligence, design, financing, implementation, completion and post-completion stages.
The scope of our legal services extends to both private sector projects such as mass housing, office and business centers, shopping malls, retail stores, hotel and holiday villages; plants, production and warehousing facilities; mines and raw material processing facilities; sport complexes and congress centers but also to public construction and infrastructure mega projects such as highways, bridges, railways, tunnels, dams, seaports, airports, schools, hospitals, power plants, natural gas and oil pipe lines, water and telecommunication networks as well as waste disposal facilities.
The main legal services offered by Marif Uğurlu Law Firm on construction law can be summarized as follows:
- Structuring and establishment of real estate investment partnerships (REIT), joint ventures, consortiums and special purpose vehicles
- Legal advice at all stages of urban regeneration projects
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts (Joint venture, consortium, concession, Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT), Build-Operate (BO), Transfer of Operational Rights (TOR), Public-Private Sector Partnerships (PPP), construction (including all types of FIDIC suit contracts), architectural and engineering design, consulting, supply, labor, property management and loan agreements; flat for land share contracts; insurance policies, surety, warranty and bank letters of guarantee; letters of intent and confidentiality agreements)
- Finance (Developing, structuring and implementing alternative and innovative finance methods including project finance (e.g. BOT, BO, TOR, PPP models) and Islamic Finance besides traditional finance schemes)
- Procuring necessary permits such as construction license and occupation permits
- Environmental compliance (Ensuring compliance of the project with environment laws and relevant regulations, obtaining necessary approvals as well as fulfilling the requirements of environment legislation)